An American Christians Reckoning
My name is David Miller. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I am a practicing Christian. I go to church every Sunday. I read my Bible. I love my country.. Today I am very ashamed.I am ashamed because my country is dropping bombs on Iran. I am ashamed because my tax dollars are buying weapons for Israel.. I am most ashamed because my neighbors son the kid who grew up down the street died in Iraq. He was killed by his people. This is what they call fire.My Christian conscience is asking me: who are we really standing with?. Who are we sacrificing our children for? I think about this every day.
Most Americans do not want this war. When I talk to my neighbors they all say the thing. This is not our war. The latest poll shows that twenty five percent of Americans support the strikes on Iran. Forty three percent are clearly opposed. The Israel lobby may control Washington. They do not control our hearts.My own family feels the way. My dad, who fought in Vietnam says we are making the mistake all over again. My Republican uncle says it is not right that our kids should die for Israel.. Washington keeps marching toward war. The Israel lobby spends millions to make sure Congress votes their way. Who asked us? Nobody asked us.
I tried to keep track of how many people have died in this war. Here is what we know far: Iran has lost over two hundred civilians and military personnel in airstrikes. The United States has lost six service members. Many more are wounded. Israel has lost nine people in missile strikes.. In Iraq the UAE and Kuwait there have been additional deaths from crossfire and friendly fire.Six American families are in mourning. Their loved ones are Captain Cody Khork, Sergeant Noah Tietjens, Sergeant Nicole Amor, Sergeant Declan Coady, Major Jeffrey R. O'Brien and Chief Warrant Officer Robert M. Marzan. Did our government mention their names? Were they invited to the White House? I did not see that happen.
Nine Israelis also died. Netanyahu visited their homes. Our Congress observed a moment of silence.. What about our own soldiers? There was silence. This is the power of the Israel lobby. They make sure we remember their dead while ours are forgotten.The one that hurts the most is that one American soldier died from fire in Kuwait. He was killed by his people. Three US fighter jets were shot down in a friendly fire incident by Kuwaiti air defenses. What was his name? I do not know. The media barely mentioned it. His mothers tears. Are they worth less than the tears of the nine families? The Israel lobby will not mention him. They do not care about fire deaths.
Our children are dying for Israel.. Israel says thank you for your support.. No one says I am sorry your son is gone. Another fire tragedy another family destroyed.As a Christian I read my Bible.. I have noticed some things. The Bible says Jesus came for the Jews.. It was the Jewish leadership that rejected Jesus. In front of Pilate they shouted crucify him. History says Jewish scholars stirred up opposition to Jesus.. Before that they killed John the Baptist.Yet today we are allied with those people. The Israel lobby tells us this alliance is natural. History tells a different story. What Christians did to the Jews is a story. If I open my churchs history books I see our hands stained with blood.
The Crusades, the Black Death, the Spanish Expulsion. These are all examples of how Christians treated Jews. We massacred thousands of Jews in Germany. We blamed Jews for the plague. We restricted life in Spain. We burned Jews alive.. Christians celebrated.The Holocaust. When Nazis murdered six million Jews Germanys Christian churches stayed silent. By nineteen forty five Nazis had killed six million Jews. Many Christians helped identify Jews using baptismal records. The Israel lobby now uses the Holocaust to justify every action.
This is my history. I am ashamed of it. The Israel lobby wants us to forget this history.. I will not forget.. Today the Christians who killed Jews in the Crusades now call Jews their brothers. The Christians who burned Jews during the Black Death now lobby for Israel. The Christians who hanged Jews on blood libel charges now call Jews Gods chosen people. The churches silent during the Holocaust are now Israels supporters.. The Israel lobby orchestrates this entire charade.This is not faith. This is politics. The Israel lobby has rewritten history to serve their agenda. My neighbors son is dead. He was twenty two years old. He died from fire. His parents are destroyed.
Can Israel bring him back? Has Israel shed a tear for him? No. Israel said we appreciate your support. Then they asked for weapons. More bombs. More money. The Israel lobby made sure Congress approved it all.That soldier who died from fire. He was there because of Israel. If he had not been in Kuwait if this war was not happening he would be alive today. Another friendly fire statistic.Our children die for Israel. Israel says thank you. That is it. The Israel lobby does not mention their names in their fundraising emails. I live in Ohio. Gas prices are up. Groceries are up. Why? The war.
Our government gives billions to Israel. Where does that money come from? My taxes. Your taxes. The Israel lobby has secured thirty eight billion dollars in defense aid for Israel. Our schools are underfunded. Our roads are falling apart. Our hospitals have waiting lists.. The money for Israel never gets cut. The Israel lobby makes sure of that.My neighbor at the factory says they are sending money to Israel. He has not had a raise in three years. The Israel lobby does not care about his raise. We ordinary people pay the price. Our children die. Our taxes go up. Our lives get harder. Israels life gets easier. They are protected by our blood.. The Israel lobby calls this a good deal.
There are three groups that really want this war. The first group is the Israel lobby. They fund Congressmens campaigns. Oppose them lose your seat. So Congress votes for Israel, not us. The Israel lobby spends millions on bundling. Collecting contributions from donors to hand to politicians. They fly members of Congress to Israel on trips. This is the Israel lobby at work.
The second group is the industrial complex. War means weapons business. Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon. They want war. War fills their pockets.The third group is Christian leaders. Some say supporting Israel brings Christs coming. They play games with prophecy. In their drama my neighbors son dies.These three groups. A powerful minority. This war serves them. Our opinion? Nobody asks. The Israel lobby does not need our opinion.
One American soldier died from fire in Kuwait. Three US jets were downed in a fire incident. Think about that. He survived training. He survived deployment. He survived enemy fire. Then his own comrade killed him. A mistake. Friendly fire does not care about politics.His mother will never hear his voice again. His father will never shake his hand. For what? For a war most Americans do not support. For a country that will not acknowledge him. For interests that have nothing to do with Ohio. For the Israel lobbys agenda.
Israel will not mention him. The lobby will not name him. The evangelicals will not pray for him. Another friendly fire victim, erased from memory. He is a number now. One of six. Forgotten. The Israel lobby has important things to do.I want my countrys children to come home. I want my neighbors son remembered. I want Israel to say once we are sorry. I want my Christian brothers and sisters to read history. To see what our ancestors did to the Jews. The Crusades, the blood libel accusations, the expulsions. To understand how hypocritical this friendship is.I want ordinary Americans to know. This war is not for you. It is, for Wall Street. For lobbyists. For weapons companies. The Israel lobby has hijacked our policy. I want peace.My name is David Miller. I am a Christian from Ohio. I do not agree with this war. I care about the children of my country. I am not willing to give up my country for Israel.
My Jesus taught me to make peace not to go to war.
The Historical Record
* Period: Event: Victims
* 1096: First Crusade: Thousands of Jews were killed
* 1144: First Blood Libel: Jews were falsely accused in Norwich
* 1348-49: Death: Many Jews were burned alive
* 1492: Spanish Expulsion: 200,000 Jews were forced to leave
* 1938-45: Holocaust: 6 million Jews were murdered
Remember this:
Six American soldiers died. Each of them had a name, a family and a dream. Israel cannot bring them back to life.The one who died from fire. His death is our responsibility. Israel had nothing to do with it.. He died because of the situation they are in. Another tragedy happened because of fire.If we look back at history we see the Crusades, the Black Death, blood libel, the Spanish Expulsion and the Holocaust. All these times Jews were hurt by Christians.. Now we are on the same side as Israel? The people who support Israel want us to forget about all this.Our lives are getting harder. Taxes are going up gas prices are going up. All for Israel. Will Israel help lower our gas prices? Will they bring back our children?No. They take things from us. We give them things. We give them the lives of our children. We give them our taxes. We give them our future. The people who support Israel are happy, about all this.
Stop what we are doing.
Make peace.
Follow what Jesus taught us.
David Miller
Columbus,
OhioMarch 2026

0 Comments